Tipper and Mixer Operators including Quarry Franchisees
We offer competitively priced, specialist insurance covers for carriers of quarry products – including tipper & mixer franchisees. All our specialist insurance is handled by knowledgeable, experienced staff who understand the construction sector and will discuss and tailor covers to meet your needs.
Here are the non motor covers explained in a bit more detail;
- Goods in Transit – covering you in the event of loss of or damage to the load being carried. We include Tarmac hardening cover as standard. Loss of Drum & Solidification cover for concrete mixers is available as an optional cover extension.
- Tarmac hardening cover – if you carry tarmacadam coated products you will automatically receive tarmac hardening cover should you lose a load due to mechanical breakdown.
- Cover for mixer drums – Mixers operators have the option to include loss of drum cover should the load set as a result of mechanical breakdown or electrical failure & solidification cover for loss of load. There is a generous cover limit of £20,000 for loss of drum claims.
- Public Liability insurance covers your legal liability for injury to or damage to the property of the public arising from an accident in the course of your business activities as a haulage contractor, but not arising from circumstances that are covered by your motor policy. Liability arising from goods that have been carried on the vehicle/s is generally covered by the motor policy.
- Employers Liability covers your legal liability as an employer for injury to employees arising out of and in the course of their employment. If you arrange Public Liability cover with us you will also receive Employer Liability cover for casual employees. If you have part or full time employees there is a need to extend the cover.
- Airside Cover – If your contract involves operating your vehicle in or on restricted areas of airports or airfields then you are airside and will need to include this cover. This specialised cover can be included at a very cost effective price.
- Uninsured Loss Legal Expenses – We will include this cover at no extra charge where we arrange motor cover.
It is for the recovery of uninsured losses such as your policy excess, loss of earnings, costs of hiring another vehicle, personal injuries from a third party in the event of a non fault / no blame accident. The cover limit provided is £100,000 for any one claim.
- Business Legal Expenses provides vital protection for up to £100,000 for legal disputes including Contract & Debt recovery, Employment Disputes, Criminal Prosecution Defence Health & Safety, Tax protection, Motor legal defence, Legal and Tax advice, Counselling Assistance.
In addition this product also provides you with access to a revolutionary web service that drafts bespoke business legal documents such as employment contracts, health and safety policies and debt recovery letters.
- Accident & Illness cover – If you are unable to work following an accident, injury or illness then this cover will provide you with an income. We recommend that anyone who is self-employed to consider this invaluable cover.
We offer competitively priced, specialist tailored insurance for carriers of quarry products all underwritten by major UK insurers.
Features and benefits include…
- Goods in transit (GIT) cover
- £10,000,000 public liability cover as standard
- £10,000,000 airside liability cover
- Optional loss of drum and solidification cover for concrete mixers
- £10,000,000 Third party property damage cover
- Tarmac hardening cover
- Uninsured loss and business legal expenses cover
You may also be interested in…
- Personal accident and illness cover
- GAP cover
- Excess cover
Call 01242 544544 now for our latest rates.